I never thought I struggled with anxiety until I got older. For me, it comes in the form of spiralling. One thing will happen and I will continue to spiral down further and make up scenarios in my head on how it could be the worst possible outcome. This could be as something as simple as : “Cody left the house without giving me a kiss” and in my head now he wants to call off our wedding. To something more serious as “what the heck am I going to do with my life if I don’t get this job?”.
Sometimes my anxiety starts happening over nothing and I can’t pinpoint it.
I have to work hard daily so I don’t fall into these patterns where things continuously build off each other and all a sudden nothing in my life is ‘right’.
Obviously this is my own experiences and things I do daily that help ME. If they don’t help you, that’s ok! Find what works for you, talk to professionals, and get a plan!
These are things I believe can help any individual looking to level up their life even if they don’t struggle with their mental health. These 5 things have increased my self confidence, productivity, and mood! Give some of them a try and let me know what you think.
- I know this is a pretty obvious one because I talk about it constantly on my social media, but it has impacted my life incredibly. I find this helpful when things are going well or I need to work through something. I am a visual person and getting it written on paper helps me process situations, dream bigger, reflect, etc.
- I also love writing out my daily gratitude lists to continue to focus on good things happening.
- I started this practice consistently over the past 6 months and I’ve done quite a bit of trial and error with different meditation styles and my favorite by far is the tapping meditations because I feel as though I am working through things and not simply sitting with my thoughts in silence. There’s tons of youtube videos or podcasts out there to support what you want out of your meditation practice. The biggest thing here is there is no right or wrong way to meditate!
- Keep my spaces clean
- A dirty house is usually a sign that my life is in shambles. Things as simple as making the bed, cleaning up after I eat, putting dishes and laundry away right after it’s done can help it not escalade to mountains of piles.
- This is also probably the one I struggle the most with because life gets busy and I get lazy amongst all the things I am doing.
- This is a calming activity for me and a motivating one as well. I thoroughly enjoy reading in the morning and before I go to sleep. I love fiction books that I can get lost in over watching TV. Except right now when I can’t stop binge watching Love Island UK, I am obsessed. I only have a few more episodes to go though!
- I simultaneously read a fiction and nonfiction book and the nonfiction book is always a personal development / self help / business minded book to propel me forward.
- Take CBD
- This is just extremely personal to me. Taking CBD daily has been critical in my ability to relax and sleep. I don’t get as jittery, my eyes don’t twitch from stress, and I can close my eyes and just drift off without a care in the world. My favorite is Cured Nutrition & you can use code LaurenTaylor for money off – I’m not kidding when I say this is the best stuff!
- If you do purchase, take a screenshot of your order number or of you using my code and fill out my monthly giveaway form to get entered for cash or giftcards to your favorite shop!
I am really curious what you do to help with your mindset daily – there is so much out there right now and there is no right or wrong way to go about it! Drop in the comments what you do daily (or try to do daily)!