Alright ya’ll if you didn’t know I’ve been doing 75 hard and I just reached past the halfway point! Having to always be ‘on the plan’ has definitely been a challenge but I’ve started to get pretty creative with the meals I’m able to make while hitting my macros!
If you are someone who is low carb, or just wants a healthy side dish you need to give these nachos a try, I am probably going to have them a few times a week even once 75 hard is done because I just love them so much.
Plus, they only take about 20 minutes total to make! Which is a win because I am someone who is so lazy when it comes to cooking. Ya feel me? Or do you like to put a lot of time and effort into making foods?
What you’ll need:
- Joseph’s flatbread wraps
- Avocado spray
- low fat mozarella and Mexican cheese (or sub out for whatever cheese you want)
- Chicken (or desired meat)
- Any toppings
Topping suggestions: sour cream, salsa, guacamole, refried beans, lettuce, limes, jalapenos, corn
HOW TO MAKE:
Minimal prep here, quick baking, and you’re ready to eat! I use chicken in this recipe but you can definitely add whatever meat you’d like (beef, steak, etc), shred it, chop it, do whatever ya want with it!
- Prep the chicken – I just add salt to mine and throw it in the airfryer at 350 for 15 minutes but you can cook it and shred it however you’d like!
- Prep and bake the chips – Preheat the oven to 350. Slice the Joseph’s flat bread into squares or triangles (I use 1 full flatbread for myself but just use more or else depending on what you want). Line a cooking sheet with aluminum foil (I forgot to do this and that cheese was so hard to scrape off lol), lay flatbread flat, spray with avocado oil and salt. Flip the bread and repeat. Put them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Prep the toppings – Dice the tomatoes, onions, cut up lettuce, etc.
- Flip the chips in the oven, smother it in cheese and your toppings and repeat for another 5 minutes or until the chips are crispy and the cheese is melted!
If you have any sort of self control and don’t eat the whole pan, you can put these in the fridge when you’re done with them. Then put them back on the aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees again!
- 1 Lavash bread Joseph's Lavash Flatbread
- 4 Oz Chicken breast
- 1/4 C Reduced fat mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1/4 C Reduced fat mozzarella cheese blend
- 30 g Sour Cream
- Cook your chicken to your liking. I do mine in the airfryer at 350 for 15 minutes. Cut it up or shred it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut up the lavash bread into squares or triangles
- Place them on a lined baking pan. Spray with avocado spray and salt them. Flip them over and repeat.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take them out, flip it. Add your cheese and toppings and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chips are crispy and the cheese is all melted.