The perfect balance between sweet and spicy. I made these in the crockpot this week and Cody and I were huge fans of it! It is definitely going to be in our weekly rotation. I thought it was so good over the fried rice but you could sub for any other asian noodle like chow mein or have on the side with some potatoes!
If you don’t love a ton of heat, you can always scale back the sriracha amount or add in extra honey and brown sugar! Cody and I like spicy food so this kick was delicious!
Other substitutions you could make would be to use chicken breasts vs the thighs. There isn’t much fat in these but if you’re counting your macros and don’t have much wiggle room or that’s just your preference, it would be an easy swap!
You could also throw them on the grill or in a pan to fry up and they would taste just as good!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 C. Honey
- 4 TBSP Sriracha Sauce (add or take away for spicy preferences)
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar (could sub with rice wine vinegar)
- 1/4 C. Brown sugar (could sub for more honey or less sriracha)
- 6 Whole Chicken thighs
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Coat your chicken thighs in the sauce and place in the crock pot on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken thighs are cooked through. Make sure to take out the bones in them.
- Could top with sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, or green onions if you'd like.