Overnight Oats Recipe
(picture is from foodnetwork.com)
If you are lazy like me in the mornings and don’t want to spend time making a big breakfast and want something simple to grab on the way out the door, you need to try this!
It is so easy and can be switched to add toppings or flavors that you like as you wish! I am pretty simple when it comes to ingredients and flavors and since I put a scoop of protein in my smoothie in the mornings I don’t add extra to my oatmeal. However, if you’re needing something with higher protein, mix in a scoop of protein powder with the oats and it would be delicious!
I make a couple at a time and let them stay in the fridge overnight or for a few days (they won’t go bad). But I do notice after about 3 days it gets pretty mushy so I usually prep 2-3 at a time.
Mix all the ingredients together & in the morning top with chocolate chips and cookie butter (or whatever you like on yours)
- 1 packet Better Oats cinnamon roll oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup quick oats.
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 TBSP honey (or you could use maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oatmilk (or fill slightly above oat line). You can sub out your fav milk.
- Mix it and put a lid or wrap over the top of the jar overnight or a few hours.
- Top with chocolate chips & cookie butter or anything else you’re craving (fruit, granola, peanut butter, etc.)
Leave a Reply