-PROTEIN BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS-
Um literally give me all the baked goods you have, throw them out the window, and bake these instead. Using super simple ingredients, these muffins are to die for! They are high in protein which beats out any other boxed good you were going to pick up off the shelf!
I grew up eating the muffins out of the ‘just add water’ packets and thought they were the best tasting things on the planet. I’m not kidding you when I say, Cody still eats these every morning for breakfast because his mom makes them every week lol!
I can’t do it though, they don’t fill me up and they always have me craving something else an hour later. This recipe does the opposite for me…keeps me full but has me craving the whole pan…and I may or may not have taste tested a dozen of them….or two…
The trick to this recipe is using level-1 protein powder. I’ve tried baking with others and honestly it just doesn’t even compare. This protein is low temperature processed which makes it super absorbable to your stomach so you don’t get those stomach aches, bloating, or gas from eating/drinking protein powder. It is also the best tasting I have ever found…like the blueberry muffin protein would be the BEST in here! When I made this recipe though, they didn’t have that flavor so I used the vanilla ice cream sandwich and it was still so tasty!!
PROTEIN BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFIN
- 2 scoops level-1 vanilla ice cream or blueberry muffin protein
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 tsp stevia
- 16 g sugar free cheesecake jello
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 servings egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 scoop level-1 protein
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP cold butter
- small splash water
- Mix wet and dry muffin ingredients separately in 2 bowls. Slowly add the wet ingredients in with the dry to combine. Pour the batter into sprayed muffin tins or have tinfoil lined cups. Add in a few blueberries to each cup and crumble the streusel on top. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes!
Leave a Reply