Summer to me just screams sandwiches. I love any and all of them. But my favorites are anything grilled or pressed! What’s your favorite sandwich? I made some simple changes to the traditional tuna melt to make it more macro friendly.However, you can definitely make those swaps back (I labeled it in the nutritional info down below).
I use a lower calorie bread for this recipe, but go ahead and use any of your favorite kinds of bread! I also use Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning and it’s the absolute best seasoning in the world. But if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, you can just use a dash of salt, onion powder, and garlic powder on the top of it! (Or find a recipe for EBBS online!)
Then I use avocado oil spray in place of butter to decrease my fat intake and make sure it gets nice and crispy but like I said below, you can go ahead and use butter in place of it if you have a higher fat intake for the day!
Tag me on Instagram if you try out this recipe! It’s so easy and delicious to make.
- 1 Packet Tuna
- 2 Slices Country Hearth Split Top Wheat Bread (Sub any bread)
- 1/4 C. Finely shredded 2% reduced fat mozzarella cheese (Sub regular mozzarella cheese)
- 1 TBSP Light mayo (Sub regular mayo)
- 1 Dash Everything But the Bagel seasoning (Sub salt, onion powder, and garlic powder)
- 2 Sprays Avocado Oil spray (Sub butter)
- Spray 1 slice of bread with avocado oil spray or butter
- Place tuna, cheese, seasoning, and mayo on the bread.
- Place the sandwich on the pan over medium heat for 2-3 min or until it's golden brown. Spray the top slice of bread with avocado oil spray (or more butter) before flipping it over.
- Cook other side. If the cheese isn't melting yet, cover the pan, reduce the heat for 2 minutes until the cheese is oozing.
Leave a Reply