I think I could eat breakfast for every meal and be okay with it…ya know? It’s just always so good and hits the spot. Want savory? Breakfast foods. Want sweet? Breakfast foods. There really is not a breakfast food I don’t like either.
Fun fact, I used to have a breakfast sandwich every morning before school when I was in high school. That trended into college and now it only happens every once in a while but it’s always a favorite!
If you’re someone who takes their breakfast on the go or needs it prepped beforehand, sandwiches are perfect to wrap up and put them in the freezer and reheat the day after! If you do that though, I suggest leaving your bread choice off and toasting it when you make it. Or simply take it off the sandwich and microwave the inside parts and toast the bread to make it taste the freshest!
Like I said before though, this recipe is extremely versatile and you can truly switch out many ingredients for other things you love, these are just a few of my favorite things put on a sandwich altogether! What do you love to put on your breakfast sandwiches?!
Waffle-y Good Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- 9 tbsp Egg Whites (Can sub for regular egg)
- 2 Waffles Vans gluten free waffles
- 1 Slice Pepper jack cheese (Can sub for your fav cheese)
- 1 Link Al Fresco Chicken apple sausage
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free syrup (Or your fav)
- Place the waffles in the toaster
- In a pan, fry 9 tbsp of egg whites (138g or 3 servings of liquid egg whites)
- Butterfly the sausage link and fry on each side
- Once everything is cooked, assemble it together and dip it in syrup!